Arminstring Ensemble performance at Queens Theatre

This is the best way to start the New Year! My very first concert for 2014 was outstanding and rewarding to listen to such budding new talent. I am so glad to be introduced to Arminstring ensemble, which Diana Vasilyan, the musical director had put together for friends and family. I look forward to attend many more in the future, as well as our community would appreciate it!

The performance was set for 3pm on Sunday, January 12th, 2014. It took place at the Queens Theatre, located in Flushing Meadows Corona Park in Queens. What a relief not having to go into the city. There was ample parking and easy access. Lolita was gracious to drive Mayda, Rose and I to the performance. It was the smaller theatre and mostly for the parents of the talented children, who flawlessly performed. I can imagine it's so rewarding to parents and friends to see the result of tireless practice, ending up with highest quality performance.

It was great pleasure to enjoy the program, that was thoughtfully put together. It included segments from: Arno Babajanyan, Stepan Noghdyan, Johannes Brahms, Jacques Offenbach, Edgar Hovhannisyan, Gioachino Rossini, Hoagy Carmichael, various fold compositions, Johann Pachelbel, Isaac Albeniz and of course last but not least Komitas. The selections were certainly a joy for the talented students to practice. The result is obvious with it's flawless presentation of young talent.

Somehow my latest camera didn't have enough space to capture special moments. Luckily I had my older spare camera with me. The tablet PC was a bit noisy taking the pictures and I have to learn how to silence each click it takes. Please don't mind the quality of these photos and video I took, it's hear to invite you to enjoy the special performance capturing these very young youth. I am sure you will certainly want to attend their future concerts.



Here is the official flyer of the event:

Enjoy special video selections from the performance: How I wish we had more such talent showcased and had variety of cultural afternoons here in Queens!!

Here is the Arminstring Ensemble's perforamance playlist - enjoy!




Comments