Quote from this blog entry:
"... The East Village neighborhood changed as the 20th century progressed and
in 1978, five years before the church was re-established as St. Ann's
Armenian Rite Catholic Cathedral, the old school building was converted
Daytonian in Manhattan: The 1870 St. Ann's School -- No. 113 East 11th Str...: photo by Alice Lum Bishop Hughes formed the parish of St. Ann’s in 1852 to serve the fashionable Bond Street neighborhood. Father Joh...